Article 1 [Purpose)
Article 2 (Effect and Change of Terms)
- 1. These Terms become effective when the customer who applied for the service or the individual location information entity agree to these terms and register as users of the service in accordance with the prescribed procedures set by the "Company".
- 2. The "Company" shall post on the initial screen of the service or otherwise notify the "Members" of the contents of the Terms.
- 3. The "Company" may change this agreement if it is deemed necessary, and if the "Company" is to amend the terms of the agreement, specify the date of application and amendment of the existing and revised terms, notice will be given 7 days before application and for a considerable period after the date of application. However, if the amendment contents are disadvantageous to the "Members", they shall be posted on the service homepage for 30 days before the application date and for a considerable period after the application date, or the "Members" shall be informed of the revision of the terms in electronic form (e-mail, SMS, etc.).
- 4. If the "Company" notifies the "Members" pursuant to the preceding clause and notifies the "Members" of the notice within 7 days after the notification date or the notification effective date, and the "Members" still does not refuse, you will be deemed to have approved the changed terms. If a "Members" does not agree to the revised terms, the "Members" may cancel the contract.
Article 3 (Rules outside the Terms)
- For matters not specified in these Terms, it follows the Act on Protection and Utilization of Location Information (hereinafter "Location Information Act"), the Telecommunications Business Act, the Act on Promotion and Protection of Information Network Usage (hereinafter "Information Network Act"), Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations or the policies and rules of the services provided by the "Company" (hereinafter "Detailed Guidelines").
Article 4 (Subscription of Services)
- 1. The "Company" may not accept the user's application for membersship in the following cases:
- 1) If you are applying with a false name, such as not using your real name or using someone else's name
- 2) In case of missing membership registration or wrong registration
- 3) If you do not meet the application requirements set by other companies
Article 5 (Termination of Service)
- If a "Members" wishes to terminate the service, the "Members" may apply for the termination of the service through the procedure set by the "Company" (through the service homepage etc.), and the "Company" will deal with it promptly as stipulated by the law.
Article 6 (Content of Service)
- 1. Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, the service may be suspended for business or technical reasons, and the service may be suspended even for the period set by the "Company" for operational purposes. At this time, the "Company" will notify you in advance or afterwards.
Article 7 (Service Charges)
- 1. The services provided by the "Company" are basically paid or free. However, in the case of separate paid service, it is necessary to pay the specified rate for the service.
- 2. The "Company" may charge a fee for using the service by the method specified by the electronic payment company contracted with the "Company", or by adding it to the bill as determined by the "Company".
- 3. The cancellation and refund of the payment made through the use of the paid service will be subject to the relevant laws and regulations such as the "Company"'s payment terms.
- 4. Requests for refunds due to "Members"' personal information theft and payment fraud or requests for personal information of the payer may be rejected except as provided by law.
- 5. The data communication charges incurred when using the wireless service are separate and subject to the policy of each carrier that the "Members" subscribes to.
- 6. MMS, etc., charges for posting are subject to the policies of each mobile carrier to which the "Members" has subscribed to.
Article 8 (Limitation and Suspension of Use of Services)
- 1. The "Company" may restrict or suspend the use of the service by the "Members" in the following cases:
- 1) When a "Members" interferes with the operation of "Company" services intentionally or by gross negligence.
- 2) If it is inevitable due to service inspection, repair or construction
- 3) When a telecommunications carrier specified in the Telecommunication Business Act terminates telecommunication services
- 4) When the use of the service is hindered by a national emergency, disruption of service facilities, or excessive use of services
- 5) If the "Company" considers that it is inappropriate for the "Company" to continue providing services due to other serious reasons
- 2. When the "Company" restricts or cancels the use of the service pursuant to the provision of the preceding clause, the "Company" shall notify the "Members" of the reason and limit period.
Article 9 (Notification of Change in Service Contents)
- 1. If the "Company" changes or terminates the service, the "Company" may notify the "Members"' registered e-mail address of the change or termination of the service contents by e-mail.
- 2. In the case of the foregoing clause, when notifying the unspecified number of persons, it is possible to notify the ""Members" through the service homepage or another "Company"'s announcement page. However, matters that have a significant effect on the "Members"' transactions are posted on the service homepage for a considerable period of time or individually notified to ""Members" in electronic form (e-mail, SMS, etc.).
Article 10 (Use or Provision of Personal Location Information)
- 1. If the "Company" intends to provide services using personal location information, the "Company" shall obtain the consent of the individual location information entity after specifying them in advance.
- 2. The rights of ""Members" and legal representatives and the way they are exercised shall be determined by the address of the user at the time of the case and, in the absence of the address, the jurisdiction of the district court having jurisdiction over the place of residence. However, if the address or residence of the user at the time of filing is not clear, or if a foreign resident, he/she shall submit it to the competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.
- 3. The "Company" will automatically record and retain location information and provide confirmation of facts, and keep the data for 6 months to settle charges and handle complaints with other operators or customers.
- 4. The "Company" shall not provide personal location information to third parties without the consent of the individual location information subject. In case of providing the third party service, the "Company" shall inform the entity of the personal location information in advance and give consent. However, the following cases are excluded.
- 1) If there is a request from the investigation agency in accordance with procedures and methods prescribed in the Act for the purposes of investigation or pursuant to the provisions of the Act.
- 5. If the "Company" provides personal location information to a third party designated by the "Members", the "Company" shall promptly notify the communication terminal device that collected personal location information of the person who is provided to the "Members" each time, the date and time of the provision and the purpose of providing it. However, if it falls under any of the following subparagraphs, the "Members" will notify the designated communication terminal device or e-mail address in advance.
- 1) When the communication terminal device that has collected the personal position information does not have a function of receiving message, voice, or video
- 2) If the "Members" has requested in advance to notify by online posting, etc.
Article 11 (Right of Personal Location Information Subject)
- 1. ""Members" may withdraw all or part of their consent to provide location based services and provide third party personal location information to the "Company" at any time. In this case, the "Company" will destroy the collected personal location information, location information, and confirmation of providing information.
- 2. ""Members" may request the "Company" to temporarily suspend the collection, use or provision of personal location information at any time, and the "Company" cannot refuse to do so and has technical means to do so.
- 3. The "Members" may ask the "Company" to read or notice the data of each of the following items, and if there is an error in the data, the "Members" may request correction. In this case, the "Company" cannot refuse the "Members"' requests without justifiable reason.
- 1) Collecting, using, and providing location information about yourself
- 2) Reason and contents of personal location information provided to a third party under the Act on Protection and Utilization of Location Information or other laws
- 4. ""Members" may request the "Company"'s prescribed procedures for the exercise of the rights set forth in Clauses 1 to 3.
Article 12 (Right of Legal Representative)
- 1. The "Company" shall obtain the consent of the "Members" and the legal representative of the "Members" in connection with the provision of the location based service using the personal location information and the consent to the provision of the third party of the personal location information to the ""Members" under the age of 14 years. In this case, the legal representative has all the rights of the "Members" under Article 11.
- 1) Use of location information and confirmation of facts are required for settlement of charges according to location information and location based service provision
- 2) If a specific individual is processed in an unrecognizable form for statistical writing, academic research or market research.
Article 13 (Right of the person in charge of protection such as children under the age of 8)
- 1. The "Company" considers that consent is given if the person in charge of protection (hereinafter 'children under the age of 8 etc.") consent to the use or provision of personal location information for the protection of the life or body of children under the age of eight.
- 1) Children under the age of 8
- 2) Adult guardian
- 3) Persons who have a mental disability prescribed in Article 2, Clause 2, Section 2 of the Welfare Act for the Disabled and who are severely disabled in accordance with Article 2, Section 2 of the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation Act of the Disabled (limited to those who have registered for the disabled)
- 2. A person who protects the child under the age of 8 under the provisions of the preceding clause shall be a person who substantially protects the child and falls under any of the following subparagraphs:
- 1) A guardian in accordance with the provisions of Article 3 of the Act on Guardianship of minors in legal representatives or guardians of children under the age of 8
- 2) The legal representative of the adult guardian
- 3) The head of psychiatric rehabilitation facilities for persons with disabilities (facilities established or operated by the state or local government) pursuant to the provisions of Article 58, Clause 1, Section 1 of the Welfare Act for the Disabled, the head of a psychiatric rehabilitation facility (limited to facilities established and operated by a state or local government) under Article 3 Section 4 of the Health Law and Section 5 of the same Act and Law.
- 3. For the protection of life or body such as children under the age of 8, the protection obligation to consent to the use or provision of personal location information must be submitted to the "Company" with a written document certifying that the person is a protection obligation.
- 4. The person in charge of protection may exercise all rights of personal location information subject to consent to the use or provision of personal location information such as children under the age of 8..
Article 14 (Address and Contact of "Company")
- 1. "Company" name, address and contact information are as follows.
- "Company" Name: KBIDC Co., Ltd.
- President: Kim Jeong-Yong
- Address: 504, Knowledge Industrial Center, Obon Road, Buk-gu, Daegu Metropolitan City
- Main Telephone No.: 1599-4152
- 2. The "Company" has designated and managed the person who is in charge of the location information management so as to manage and protect the personal location information properly and smoothly handle the complaints of the personal location information entity. Name and contact information of the location information management manager is as follows.
- Name: Jung Yoon-Ho
- Main Telephone: 1599-4152
- Bulletin board dedicated to location information: https://cs.starcro.com/location_term_requests
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 15 (Prohibition of Transfer)
"Members"' rights to receive services may not be transferred, donated, or disposed of for the purpose of providing collateral.
Article 16 (Compensation for Damages)
- 1. If one of the "Members" violates the provisions of Articles 15 to Article 26 of the Location Information Act, the "Members" may file a claim against the "Company". In this case, the "Company" can be held liable if it cannot prove that it was not intentional and negligent.
- 2. The "Company" may claim damages against the "Company" in the event of any damages incurred by the "Company" in violation of the provisions of this agreement. In this case, the "Company" can be held liable if it cannot prove that it was not intentional and negligent.
Article 17 (Indemnification)
- 1. The "Company" shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the "Members" if the "Company" cannot provide the service in the following cases.
- 1) In case of natural disasters or force majeure
- 2) If there is intentional service interruption by a third party who has entered into a service agreement with the "Company" for the purpose of providing the service
- 3) If there is a disability in the use of the service due to the "Members"' fault
- 4) In cases where there is no reason or fault of other companies other than Section 1 to 3
- 2. The "Company" does not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, etc. of the information, data, facts posted on the service and shall not be liable for the damage caused by the "Members" regarding this.
Article 18 (Adjustment of Disputes and Others)
(Effective Date) This agreement shall be effective from January 19, 2018, and these terms shall take precedence over the provisions of the English language.
- 1. If a dispute arises between the "Company" and the "Members" regarding the use of the service, the "Company" shall consult with the "Members" in good faith to resolve the dispute.
- 2. If the dispute is not settled in the preceding clause, the "Company" and the "Members" may apply for dispute settlement to the Korea Communications Commission in accordance with Article 28 of the Act on Location Information, or may apply to the Korea Communications Commission or the Personal Information Dispute Resolution Committee
- 3. If the dispute is not resolved by the preceding clause, both the "Company" and the "Members" may file a complaint with the competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.